Wednesday 19 September 2012

Try It Out : More Rust Dyeing...

...or, nothing succeeds as planned.  You may remember that I put the Lutradur back in to rust some more with my trusty rusty door knocker?  Well... once again, I got quite excited about things when I took the lutradur out of the bag...
...yup, happy with that....  but after rinsing, yes, you guessed it...

Better markings, but not quite what it seemed to be...sigh.  Though if you look closely...


...there is a brownish tinge to most of the fabric, that wasn't there before. 

Conclusion?  Well, it would be simplest to write it off, really, to say that Lutradur doesn't rust dye well.  I've done it several times now, and been disappointed with the results.  Could try it with Lutradur 30, instead of Lutradur 70... Or I could try washing it first... I don't think that will make a difference, but perhaps it's worth trying. 

Have any of you had better results with rust dyeing on Lutradur?  Please, do share with us if you have...and if you'd like to be a guest blogger, to tell us how you did it, I'd be delighted to welcome you!


1 comment: