Sunday 13 May 2012

Tip Of The Week





Think outside the box.  Just because it's a photograph printed on fabric, in this case, Lutradur XL, it doesn't mean that it has to be hung as an image.  This bag features a manipulated photograph of a section of rock, taken at Hunstanton, my favourite Norfolk beach.  'Sunny Hunny', or just Hunny, as it's known locally, has amazing cliffs (follow the link and scroll down to see an image). 

I have lined the bag with black Lutradur, which is really closer to grey; a pure black would have been too dark, but this is perfect.  I'm now considering how to finish the edges, and what sort of fastening to use.  I found this beautiful string of agates, which go beautifully with the colours of the bag.  Or perhaps a piece of driftwood  as a fastening...?  I haven't decided yet.  I am, however, very pleased with it at this stage.  Now to see what sort of fascinator might go with it... I haven't used lutradur in a fascinator yet, so watch this space!

2 comments:

Angela said...

I love that Marion - what a great idea! We went to Hunstanton when the children were small so it must have been almost 25 years ago now! Lovely place :o)

Heidi Rand said...

Beautiful! Those colors are amazing. I've made one purse with lutradur, gotta go make more!