Monday 26 March 2012

Inspiration Monday




'It ain't whatcha do, it's the way that you do it,
It ain't whatcha do, it's the way that you do it,
It ain't whatcha do, it's the way that you do it,
And that's what gets results'
Melvin 'Sy' Oliver and James 'Trummy' Young








Apparently this song started life as a calypso, but has had a variety of different incarnations since.  Similarly, if you make something in one way, it doesn't mean it's the only way... change the rhythm, change the beat, change the colour, change the material... make it different. In art terms, it's called a series.

1 comment:

Angela said...

I love to work in a series. The first series I did was based on quotes from the book Jonathan Livingston Seagull - There were 4 of those and I intended to make more using part two of the book but haven't yet. The most recent series is from a photo my dad took in the 70's of the path at the top of our road in the snow before they built houses on it. I have so far made 4 of these too using different fabrics and mediums and have plans for more as my mum also made a fabric & paper collage from that photo for her C&G course, which I plan to reproduce.
It's lots of fun!